Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Holy Moly ... I pulled it off!!







For those of you who don't know, NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month, is a contest for which you have to write at least 50,000 words of a novel in one month's time during November.

Here's a screenshot of my profile. You can see the weird, (can't think of descriptive words anymore) progress:

*Click for Larger*



Here's the winner certificate:

*Click for Larger*



I feel pretty darned proud right now. And really surprised. I really, REALLY didn't think I was going to make it (especially not an hour early with a few thousand extra words).

I came in at 53,000 words. After I uploaded it, it bumped me up quite a bit from what Word was telling me. The first 40,000 words I like, for the most part. The last 10,000, I'm not even sure what I wrote. I was in a fury of description and rambling dialogue. And there towards the end it's more like notes.

But, I finished despite the odds and that makes me feel very good.

Cue Rocky theme song and montage of me writing (and really needing a shower):

It's the eye of the tiger.
It's the flig-guh-di-flop.
Doo-duhley-doo-bee-doo
bada-baaaa-daa!
Supervisor...


YO, ADRIAN!!!

yay for me...



And a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who encouraged me. After last weeks events, I really was going to give up. But, with your help, I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did. THANK YOU!!!

~Ray

2 comments:

LDahl said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you!!!
Ray, what you have done was against all odds and yet, you achieved your goal! U scored for KS!! (sound of crowd going nuts) Well done:)

Vong Chong said...

It's also interesting .